Sunday, July 15, 2007

Playing Good Poker

The last couple of weeks I've been playing some good poker, making the right bets, laying down hands knowing I'm beat. I've cashed in the money in 5 large online field tournaments. And I won my last Thursday night poker game hands down. In a field of 1500 I made it to 17th, twice I've made it into the top 150 players with the field being over 2500 players, and made it to the last 2 tables in the stud high/low game with a field over 500 players. Stud is not my game but I like to play HORSE so I will play Stud and Omha tourney's once and a while for practice. I do well at Razz tourney's and will play those more often than the stud and Omha games because I usually always place in the money in Razz.
I've been playing really focused poker and playing more aggressive. I would say smart aggressive. Really playing position poker and letting hands go if I know I'm beat. The biggest mistake I see right now is players can't let that ace go, especially big ace after the flop. I don't understand why players will call off all there chips with big slick or worse ace five. I won a hnad with pocket two's recently because I knew the player had big slick. He bet all the way to the river with big slick. Sometimes after the turn you have to say I'm beat, especially against a solid player. Every large field online tournament I play in half the field is gone in the first hour, it never fails. The first hour in a tourament you should really play solid hands, wait for loose players to make mistakes and grab theri chips. If you get knocked out because of some donkey suck-out, let it go, that's poker. You want the donkey's in the game, they bring money into the game and most of the time they lose. Yes they may win a game here or there but 98% of the time they are losing. Play solid poker and win! When the donkey beats you say good game, remember what he did so you get him next time.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?