Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Jack 2 Suited Once Again Gets Me

Well I didn't win the Absolute Dream on Sunday. To start off the field wasn't as big as I thought it would be, only 575 players. Of course the bad news was only one person was going to walk away a winner, I would have loved to see 2 spots but there would have had to be a field of thousand players for that. Early on I got be cards, pocket aces, pocket kings, and pocket queens. The problem is in this tournament where you have a mix of players who got in for free and others who dropped $200 to play the play was very tight at the beginning. So my big hands all won but very little when the blinds are $10/$20 to $20/$40. I pretty much stayed up for the game for the first couple hours, never in the top chip leaders but I was holding my own winning small pots. The one thing was I had a guy at my table who won a freeroll to get in but had no idea what he was playing for. Early on he won a huge hand and moved into the top 5 chip leaders and now he was playing every hand. The problem was he was half way across the table from me so I couldn't attack him. He kept building his chips with loose crazy calls, even calling pre-flop all-in's with hands like 5 6 and getting lucky to win. Now of course he doubled me up a couple of times which was very nice, just wish I was closer to him to win more chips from him. So we get down to about the last 150 players and my worse nightmare comes true for any poker player. The chip leader of the tournament gets seated at my table and right to my left. Now anything I do has to go by him. And this guy just wasn't the chip leader for a little bit but the chip leader for a couple of hours. So I knew this was going to be tough.
Now the hand I hate the most. I'm on the button and everyone folds to me. I have ace 9 so I go all-in thinking as long as the chip leader doesn't have a hand I can pick up the blinds and ante. The blinds are $500/$1,000 with $100 ante. The chip leader folds and the big blind who if calls my all in is down to less than $2k in chips. This is another reason I made the all-in move. He calls and to my surprise he turns ove Jack 2 suited. Now I have never made a move out of line at least that I had to show down. The flop comes up 5 7 of hearts and a nine of diamonds. So I make top pair with the ace kicker. The turn brings another diamond, I don't even remember the card but I knew the river would bring another diamond to give this moron a flush. Sure enough the next diamond hits the board and I'm out in 109th place.
I've had Jack 2 suited beat me three times in major tournaments, twice online and one live one. All 3 times the player had no business calling my raises or all-in's. All 3 times I put those players in jeopardy of either getting knocked out or crippled. Just killer, my achilles heal Jack 2 suited. Oh well that's poker. Until the next tourney.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?