Friday, March 23, 2007

Finally Got off the Losing Sessions at Home

Well last night was Poker Night at the Hart's. I had been wanting to play in my home game for a week since my last bad performance. The first game I was one of the first people out however I knew I was on my game, just ran into bigger hands and was able to get away from them. When I did have to move all-in it was with Ace Queen in the big blind. After my wife called and was all-in the button was getting the right money to call with 8 9 and hit his 9's on the flop but he had to dance around both low and high straights to take us both out and he did. Scott has been running hot lately and he ended up winning the game.

The second game I had the Bounty on me for the third time in a row. Maybe three times a charm, at least that's what they say. At my table I was on fire taking down pot after pot. When we made the final table I was looking good but Scott and Markin were looking better. Between the 2 of them they had knocked out 3 players at their table when we combined tables to make the final 8. Our whole table of 5 players joined their remaining 3. Everyone was pretty much after Scott, he should have had the Bounty on his head. Markin was gathering chips and I was running cold on cards so I just sat back and waited for the game to come back to me. Soon Scott was out and now we all attacked Markin. Markin is a great Omaha cash player, makes a lot of money at that game, but he seems pretty loose aggressive at poker and a lot of guys at my game are tight players. I'm tight aggressive myself, but very aggressive when I'm in the pot so players back down with marginal hands against me, which works in my favor. We end up grabbing chips off of Markin, Joel, Wayne, Heshima, and myself all take turns grabbing chips from him. In the end he busts out in fourth with no money to show for his big stack early on, and I mean it was huge, he had us out gunned big time. Wayne ended up in 3rd when I knocked him out, he was just too short stacked with the blinds at $200/$400 and he only had another $75 on top of his big blind.
So Heshima and myself were heads up. Heshima and myself have been in more heads up matches than anyone else in our home game. Heshima's game has really improved back in December and him and I had some good battles back in December and Early January. However, niether of us had been doing that well this year so it was nice to see him heads up. Hopefully this will continue some more this spring and summer. Heshima had the chip lead but that changed, and we went back and fourth changing chip leads a couple of times, neither of us giving way. I finally had him all in and I had a good chip lead but he river'd the flush on me. I still can't believe he called my raise with Jack two offsuit, but now I know for next time he is calling any raise with a face card and will raise with any face. Paid a little more attention than our last heads up matches, really because I usually won or they were over quickly. This was a battle of going back and fourth. Heshima did win the game in the end. But I was very happy with my performance, I made a couple of grat lay downs pre-flop which got me in the spot to win. And if Heshima didn't get lucky with the flush I would have won the game, that's poker. But I'm back to my old self now and can't wait until next week.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?