Friday, March 03, 2006

Thursday Night Results

Well last night we had our weekly poker game at my house. We had 11 players coming and going for 2 sit-n-go tournaments. Both tournaments I had the bounty on my head. The first game when we got to the final table I had a huge chip lead. But ended up double upping the pocket rockets all-in and then pocket kings the very next hand from a different player. It was a game of survival with the 3 short stacks at the table and watching them all double or tripple up. In the end I take 3rd so I get my money back plus 3 extra bucks for the effort. The winner is really gifted the win when the second place player who knocked me out to win the $11 bounty just pretty much gives up and gives Brad the win. Jeff, Mr. second place is a much better player but I feel him drinking Captian Morgan & Cokes got the best of him. Jeff and I are both going to make our attempts at the World Series this year.

The next game I have the bounty on my head again. This time getting knocked out in 6th place. Just didn't get any cards to compete with. Once again a new player wins the game. It seems when a new player shows up to my Thursday night games the new guy always wins. We really need to stop giving the new guy to much respect. This guy was putting in wild bets and it was to late for me to figure out he was playing junk raising hands. When it got 3 handed Joel nor Alex would put this new guy to the test and in the end he just out chipped them. You have to have the heart to go against the big stack or try to trap him when you do have a big hand instead of raising him out of the pot. I know next week if Bjorn shows up and he will, he has victory on his mind it won't be as easy. The new guy winning is a double edged sword, one you hate to see the new guy control the table, but you know he will be back because he got a win. And they keep coming back.

Well today it's online poker, I have the day off.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?