Monday, March 13, 2006

This Saturday is the Big Game!

Well this Saturday is the big game. My Championship tournament. I'm expecting over 24 players and I hope to have more than 30. I was going to cancel my Thursday game but so many people want to use Thursday as a warm up game I had to change my mind of canceling the game.

Last Thursday we had 4 games going on 2 Bounty games and 2 $5 sit-n-go's. My Thursday night game has just exploded with people coming and going. As for my performance I was out quick in both Bounty games not even making the final five for each game. Which is really not like me usually I'm contending to win and at least finish in the money. The second game I probably shouldn't have called an all-in from a new guy. He had 9's to my 8's, but there was already my pre-flop raise plus another player going all-in for anothe $60 in chips which I was calling. Than the Bounty went all-in (Mr. 9's). I thought about knocking out the new guy, plus the bounty and I would be about even in chips with the chip leader. I lost the hand with the 9's holding up to the river. He ended up taking second place to the chip leader. I won't make that same call this Saturday.

I did take second in a $5 game against Mr.9's, so it wasn't a loss for the whole evening. But I now have a read on the new guy so next time I know I will take his money.

This week I'll practice some sit-n-go's online play Thursday strong and be ready to win Saturday, bragging rights for the year.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?